It was long believed that the history of the Jews in Iphofen ended with the "Rintfleisch pogrom" in 1298. After that, there was no longer a large Jewish community, but Jews and their families continued to live in Iphofen in the following centuries, mainly as merchants who were important to the town.
Jews were first mentioned in documents in Dornheim in the 15th century. The synagogue was rebuilt in 1848/49. There was also an Israelite schoolhouse. The buildings were destroyed in air raids in April 1945. There is evidence of 65 Jewish people in 1851. Their numbers steadily declined due to emigration and death. The last two Jewish women remaining in Dornheim were deported to the Riga-Jungfernhof makeshift camp in 1941. A third Dornheim Jewess, who had returned from Fürth and was also taken to Riga, was the only survivor. To date, 17 other Jews born in Dornheim are known to have been murdered.
A land register from the 17th century is the first record of a Jewish inhabitant of Nenzenheim. The synagogue was rebuilt in 1895 on the site of the previous building. The building also included the religious school, the teacher's apartment and the mikvah. 18 of the 32 Jews living in the town in 1933 emigrated to North America and Palestine, among other places. The synagogue building was badly destroyed in the pogrom night of 1938. The last four Jewish residents living in Nenzenheim were deported and murdered in 1942. To date, a total of 33 Jews born in Nenzenheim are known not to have survived the Holocaust.